Back to Practice - Massage in the age of COVID
Are you ready to receive massage again? I have been slowly returning to practice since early July, 2020. Here is how working as a massage therapist in rural Maine has changed:
- More and different screening questions, though they are becoming more familiar to us all by now: Been exposed to somebody with COVID? Been traveling? How are you feeling?
- My office space is in my home and while the weather is fair, I have been meeting for intake and wrap up conversations on my front porch in the open air. When the weather is harsh, we meet in my studio, masked, of course.
- All clients are invited to wash their hands with soap and water just before getting on the table. As always, the same is expected of me before we begin our session.
- I use an air purifier/exchanger and am mindful of air circulation in general..
- More and different cleaning protocols are employed.
- Last and certainly not least, clients and I both wear face coverings through the session.