Back to Practice - Massage in the age of COVID
Are you ready to receive massage again? I have been slowly returning to practice since early July, 2020. Here is how working as a massage therapist in rural Maine has changed:
- More and different screening questions. I ask each client to fill out a short google form about COVID symptoms and exposure before each session. This also acts as a good method of confirming that you will be at your scheduled appointment!
- My office space is in my home and while the weather is fair, I have been meeting for intake and wrap up conversations on my front porch in the open air.
- All clients are invited to wash their hands with soap and water just before getting on the table. As always, the same is expected of me before we begin our session.
- I have two opposite windows in my office that I keep open with fans aiding in air circulation.
- I use an air purifier/exchanger.
- More and different cleaning protocols are employed.
- Last and certainly not least, clients and I both wear face coverings through the session.